- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Royal Oak, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
This position requires the blanking, piercing, forming drawing, trimming, etc. of metals common to parts manufactured in the Plant. This occupation requires the assembly of all types of parts and sub-assemblies, as made in the plant. Operator must follow written or verbal instructions pertaining to the assigned punch press or welder and other work. May perform repetitive operations or line assembly operations.
- Operator may put a metal or steel part on a fixture.
- May use a palm stand to operate a punch press or welder.
- May remove a part from the fixture or conveyor and may put the part in a rack or on another conveyor.
- Operator may use hand tools, lubricants, etc. and such hand devices as needed for a safe operation in the assembly of all types of parts and sub-assemblies.
- Operator checks work visually for defects and is responsible for the quality of the part being manufactured.
- May attach a bolt, screws, rivets or other fasteners to a fixture.
- Occasional lifting of moderately light to heavy material.
- Must be able to lift material or manufactured parts weighing up to 50 pounds or less.
- Slight physical exertion is necessary; intermittent standing or walking is required.
- May be required to use a “lift assist” to transfer a part to another station.
- Housekeeping duties as assigned including touch up painting.
- Any other duties as assigned to ensure the effectiveness, efficiency and quality of products, processes and work environment.
- Minimum Education – H.S. Diploma or GED
- 1 or more years of experience in the automotive industry or a manufacturing/industrial environment.
- Basic Math, Reading and Comprehension Skills.
- Must be able to lift, twist, bend, squat, climb, stand and walk continuously in close, confined surroundings, as well as tolerate fumes and noise.
- Must be able to work mandatory OT as required 6-7 days per week
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 3852