- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Royal Oak, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The General Manager is responsible for the strategic direction, leadership and overall administration of plant operations. The General Manager will oversee staffing, production and the development and direction of the management team to drive the growth of production, revenue and the quality of goods produced in the facility, as well as ensuring the integration of strategic plans.
- Ensure safe, effective and efficient operation of the facility through regular monitoring of departmental policies, procedures, staff and standards
- Promote and enforce a safe and healthy work environment in accordance with applicable legislation and Company policies and procedures
- Manage an off-site assembly location in addition to current facility
- Develop and implement new business strategies for creating or improving process and procedures to improve corporate performance
- Monitor departmental performance against goals to ensure that progress is being made
- Manage the morale in the facility by setting and demonstrating a strong business ethic in dealing with employees, suppliers and customers
- Enhance and develop policies, procedures and service systems to meet the goals of the facility
- Review and approve plans for the control of planned output, budget spending, material efficiency, engineering effectiveness and human resources
- Budget preparation and monitoring of P&L
- Monitor financial performance to ensure the facility is meeting or exceeding budgetary commitment
- Analyze and report on the plant’s daily, monthly and annual key performance indicators and industry trends
- Analyze customer concerns and present options to solve their issues
- Measure and monitor key production and customer service areas
- Review and use the monthly profit and loss statements to ensure expense control and proactively plan production goals
- Ten (10) years work experience in a production environment, automotive experience a plus
- Superior mechanical aptitude
- Effective interpersonal and supervisory skills, with a strong focus on plant and business processes
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- High level of integrity, confidentiality and accountability
- Strong analytical, planning and prioritization skills
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control, Lean Manufacturing and 8D Methods
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.