Functional Safety Engineer
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Advanced Product Development, LLC (Allen Park)
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Functional Safety Engineer will ensure the successful implementation of standards and practices to meet functional safety requirements in exterior lighting components.
- Lead functional safety engineering activities for product development teams and develop technical work products.
- Develop technical work products specific for functional safety requirements, e.g. hazard and risk assessment (HARA), item definition, functional safety concept, technical safety concept, FTAs, DFMEAs, criticality analyses, other safety analyses, and test coverage analysis for safety requirements
- Develop and integrate Functional Safety standards and industry common practices into corporate processes
- Create Functional Safety Training Materials and deliver training to new team members.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in embedded software engineering, electrical/electronics engineering, mechanical engineering, or computer science engineering.
- Automotive electronic systems or related industry experience developing requirements, software, or electronic hardware systems.
- Experience applying system safety standards including ISO26262
- Experience developing and reviewing functional safety content requirements and architecture
- Functional Safety training and experience maybe acquired concurrently
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 4138