- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Plastics Corporation (Danville)
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Primary responsibility is to supply press operators with employ packaging, take away full packaging and provide assistance with packaging to press operators. Place full packaging in proper areas in the plant or in outside storage area. Must practice extremely safe driving habits at all times. Must deliver packaging and material in a timely and safe manner to the press operators.
- Supply press operators with empty packaging, take away full packaging and provide assistance with packaging to press operators.
- Place full packaging in proper areas in the plant or in outside storage area. Must practice extremely safe driving habits at all times.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment while complying with the departmental procedures regarding safety and environmental policies.
- Deliver packaging and material in a timely and safe manner to the press operators.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to obtain a forklift license issued from Flex N Gate Plastics.
- Previous Forklift experience with an excellent forklift driving record required.
- Strong attention to detail and have good planning abilities.
- Good attendance is critical.
- Must be willing and able to work any shift including overtime as needed.
- Proficient in mathematics, read and understand instructions
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and able to work within deadlines.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements:
- Constant sitting while driving and operating forklift to move product throughout the facility.
- Works inside and outside moving product. May work in adverse weather (cold, heat, rain, etc)
- Frequently climbs in and out of forklift.
- Must be able to use both hands for safe operation of forklift. Steering wheel with levers controlled by right hand. Constant pedaling with right foot.
- At least 50% of driving of forklift is backwards. Operator must have full range of motion of the neck and spine so that operator can look behind forklift while driving backwards and up and down with moving product.
- Operator must change 45 pound propane cylinder on back of forklift once per shift; height up to 50 inches.
- Operators work on all shifts and at night. Operator must be able to see in the dark and in times of reduced light. Vision requirement is 20/40 with correction.
- Simple grasping, reaching, carrying, lifting, repetitive use of hand.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 3665