- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Detroit, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
We are looking for a qualified and experienced forklift operator to join our growing team. As a trained forklift operator, you will be responsible for following all safety procedures and practices to prevent accidents or injury. The ideal candidate will have a valid certification in operating heavy machinery and will be able to drive and operate the forklift in a variety of conditions and spaces. The forklift operator will also be responsible for moving large quantities of inventory and keeping track of their placement. You will also be responsible for the maintenance of the forklift.
- Follow all health and safety procedure and regulations as dictated by the organization and the state
- Operate forklift with care and with awareness to people and environment around machine
- Ensure forklift is properly stored, fueled, cleaned, and ready to operate
- Perform maintenance on machine as needed
- Follow and update inventory activity, lists, records, and log all completed tasks
- Move inventory and materials across facilities
- Stack and organize large bulk items
- Remove inventory from trucks or shipping and delivery to proper location
- Carry inventory for shipping to proper truck
- Move materials from facilities to workstations, pick-up locations, or other locations
- Make note and request any damaged parts or replacements needed
- Submit inventory records and log at close of day
- High school degree or equivalent, preferred
- license or certification as dictated by the state to operate forklift, required
- Valid driver’s license
- Able to pass drug test/background check
- Two (2) years’ experience working with heavy machinery, forklifts, or other related equipment
- Physically able to stand, sit, move, squat, walk, and climb during the course of the shift
- Physically able to lift up to 50 pounds or more
- Able to work night, weekends, and holidays
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work independently
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 3617