- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Receiving and shipping of materials according to schedule complete with paperwork while keeping warehouse in order.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed;
• Must be able to work from 6:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and weekends if required;
• Off load incoming trucks, place goods in inspection area;
• Insure all material on incoming package slip are accounted for and in good condition;
• FIFO product and report any issues found;
• Create out going Canadian or US Bill of lading;
• Reload trucks with correct racks if required;
• Sequence loads;
• Keep warehouse and materials area clean and organized;
• Report any low or damaged materials to the Manufacturing Supervisor;
• Do spot checks on incoming materials and indicate beside part number findings, notify Manufacturing Supervisor of any discrepancies;
• Clean sweep dock, work area, shrink wrap debris and remove empty skids during and at the end of each shift;
• When needed ensure window times are setup correctly and all packaging is sent to the correct location;
• Ensure all materials have been put away and dock is empty for the next shift.
• Check inventory on all assembly workstations and replenish supplies;
• Move cardboard to bailer location if full and replace emplty racks at the end of the shift;
• Take away any skids and keep isles between work cells clear of debris.
• Performs other duties as required by Supervisor and or Managers to keep pace with changes in scope of work;
• All work must be performed in a safe, efficient manner in compliance with Company Policy, local, provincial and/or federal rules and regulations;
• Grade 12 diploma or equivalent experience in a manufacturing environement
• Current forklift operator’s certificate
• Good communication (Read and comprehend instructions)
• Organizational and dexterity skills
• Attention to detail
• Knowledge of components and materials used in the production process
• Basic computer skills
• Working positions change from standing to bending and lifting up to 30lbs of parts and boxes
• Exposure to health hazards: dust, forklift noise with racks
• Exposure to heat in the summer months
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.
Job Reference #: 5061