Fork Lift Driver
- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Lift Truck Driver is required to utilize industrial trucks or tractors equipped to move materials around a warehouse, storage yard, factory, construction site, or similar location. Responsibilities include the loading and unloading of trucks, minor maintenance work, supporting control with inventory documentation and full adherence to safety compliance regulations.
- Operate lifting devices, e.g. forklifts, hoists, elevating platforms, lift beams and swivel hooks
- Manually load and unload materials from pallets, skids, platforms, cars and lifting devices.
- Support inventory control with accurate documentation
- Complete time sheets
- Follow all workplace safety policies, and compliance regulations
- Perform routine maintenance on vehicles and auxiliary equipment
- Accurately weigh and document materials
- Provide production data on tags or labels
- Perform daily maintenance check
- Must be able to perform basic tow motor operations before proceeding to the next stage
- Follow company safety rules and regulations
- Be Physically and mentally capable of performing duties
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Experience as a forklift operator
- Forklift Safety Training certificate
- Experience with routine maintenance operations
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Computer literate
- Professional appearance and manners
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.