- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Financial Analyst position is accountable for investigating and analyzing a variety of internal financial and operational issues for the consolidated automotive operations. The Financial Analyst will consolidate and analyze various reports including financial statements, budgets and operating plans, capex and cash flow, insurance data, administer certain tax filing requirements and other ad hoc reporting.
- Prepare monthly-consolidated financial statements in accordance with applicable accounting standards.
- Analyze monthly financial results, gather explanatory comments and prepare summary reports for management.
- Develop, maintain and distribute ad-hoc reports and financial models to management
- Maintain internal supporting documentation to support financial statement balances and transactions on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Responsible for the financial maintenance of corporate insurance program.
- Create and update periodic financial reports for internal and external users.
- Evaluate profit and cost efficiencies in various areas of the organization as needed.
- Implementation and maintenance of internal controls.
- Review and approval of electronic payments and supporting the Assistant Treasurer as required.
- Assist with in preparation of the annual financial statements audits.
- Assist with the study of the cash flow impact of new business ventures.
- Assist in due diligence for potential acquisitions.
- Assist with domestic and foreign tax compliance.
- Assist in the budget & reforecast process.
- Engage in risk management activities to protect a company's assets.
- Interact with corporate lenders, treasury management departments, insurance providers and business banking relationships.
- Regularly review foreign currency, cash and inter-company transaction processing in order to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
- Facilitate financial projects as directed by the CFO and Corporate Controllers.
- Maintain current knowledge of accounting standards, directives at both the federal and provincial/state level, as well as corporate internal control policies to ensure regulatory compliance in all operating jurisdictions.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business is preferred
- Accounting/GAAP knowledge
- CPA an asset
- Treasury experience, including financial analysis, investments and risk management
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience in managing goals through collaboration and teamwork.
- Work experience in a business with multi-country or global operations.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Must be a highly motivated
- Strong analytical ability.
- Strong decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment
- Detail oriented
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.