Experienced Stamping Press Operator
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Alabama LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Flex-N-Gate Alabama is looking to hire an experienced, talented, hardworking Stamping Press Operator-Die Setter. The person hired for this position will be responsible for setting metal stamping dies, loading steel coils and producing metal stampings and sub-assemblies.
- Performs typical progressive die and press operations
- Setup and remove tooling
- Operate industrial lift trucks for die changeover, pre-staging of product, etc.
- Observe press in operation and make adjustments to control rate of production
- Monitoring equipment/tooling during production stamping to ensure it is working properly (i.e. watching gages, dials, etc.)
- Perform quality inspections during production runs
- Communicate with shift supervisor, tooling, quality engineers and others on previous/following shift concerning production problems, quality and related information
- Communicate clearly and concisely with the supervisor, other production personnel and quality personnel when a problem arises
- Use micrometers, calipers, etc. to inspect/measure/visually inspect parts to ensure they conform to specifications
- Monitor lube to prevent shearing of dies, part location, scrap build up and observe and report problem areas in dies to appropriate tooling personnel
- Make minor repairs/maintenance such as oiling and cleaning up around the press when complete
- Be able to align and secure top and bottom die sections, insure the proper operation of safety operating devices and improvise dies for special operations
- Accurately complete a job routing ticket, data chart, time sheet etc.
- Maintain and accurate count of parts
- Assist in setting up steel coils
- Follow all prescribed safety regulations i.e. PPE (safety glasses/hearing protection) etc.
- Performs other work related duties as required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Mechanical aptitude
- Industrial truck/lift truck license experience
- Basic math — percentages, decimals (thousandths), addition, subtraction
- Knowledge of press, dies, and set up operation
- Oral and written communication skills
- Be experienced in production environment in meeting schedules and rates and be able to change over dies in the standard time
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.