- # of Openings
- Masterguard LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Responsible for providing Environmental support for the entire facility. The incumbent will be responsible to lead all environmental related efforts and to strategically plan, design, administer and implement all Environmental functions at the plant location. The Environmental Manager will have experience managing EPA Title V Air Permits; EPA NESHAP Rules & Compliance; ISO 14001:2004 Lead Auditing Certification.
- Implement and maintain environmental programs, which ensure regulatory compliance.
- Prepare and manage various environmental permits, including Title V Air Permitting.
- Ensure appropriate environmental regulatory and program training for all personnel is accomplished.
- Recommend, determine regulatory requirements and applicability of emergency equipment needed in the facility. Monitor the use and condition of such equipment.
- Investigate industrial accidents, determines exceedances and reporting requirements; report or review findings with management team.
- Maintain and control all department related documents and records (internal/external).
- Develop emergency preparedness plan for all potential emergency situations.
- Develop, coordinate and facilitate Environmental Management System (EMS) activities and meetings.
- Seek and propose new methods to control environmental hazards and reduce facility’s environmental exposures and impacts.
- Track and review department and facility frequency and severity of releases & spills, identify trends, controls and action plan for resolution.
- Maintain all reporting requirements on a daily, monthly, and yearly basis for air, waste water, storm water discharges and hazardous waste generation/disposal.
- Reduce or minimize disposal for all waste streams.
- Act as the Emergency Response Coordinator for the facility.
- Ensure GHG/Carbon Footprint reduction program is in place.
- Maintain all documentation for Environmental, as legally required.
- Must adhere to and operate according to QS9000/TS16949/ISO14001.
- Perform related duties as assigned by Manager.
- Perform physical demands and responsibilities of Environmental Manager.
- Participate in corrective actions; define implement and follow-up on problems as they occur.
- Direct and supervise employees/operators performing technical & regulatory duties such as waste water treatment; waste management & shipping; receiving & shipping hazardous materials.
- Support company values in safety, health, environmental, people, accountability, sustainability, and profitability.
- BS degree in Environmental Management or related degree. Professional certification in Environmental is a plus. (i.e. Certified Hazardous Materials Management, Certified Environmental Manager, P.E., etc.)
- A minimum of 10 years experience in managing technical personnel and complex activities including operations, accounting, human resources, etc.
- Good communication skills both oral, written and math. Organizational ability, detail-mindedness. Proven attendance and safety records with the ability to work in a team environment are necessary.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows applications, including Word and Excel.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 4498