Environmental, Health & Safety Manager
- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Health, Safety & Environmental Coordinator:
The successful candidate will be able to work in a team environment, have good analytical skills, as well as the ability to handle multiple tasks on a daily basis with well-developed organization and time management skills. This position will be responsible for 2 facilities - Ventra Plastics Windsor & Ventra Assembly - WSPD.
- Responsible for safety orientation, safety training, job site inspections and reporting.
- Maintain awareness of amendments to the Occupational Health & Safety Act (OHSA) and Regulations, and make recommendations for their implementation.
- Perform job site safety compliance inspections including hazard analysis, safe work procedures, written reports and recommendations.
- Responsible for monitoring adherence to the company safety program by all employees and subcontractors.
- Research, plan, organize and conduct training programs/seminars for supervisors.
- Provide advice and counsel to management and other employee groups on a broad range of occupational safety issues and decisions.
- Design safety standards to conform to industry standards and federal, provincial and local regulations.
- Work with Plant Manager to establish and manages targets and long range goals and objectives as they relate to safety and environmental.
- Coordinate inspections, investigations, and occupational safety activities with departments.
- Direct and review the analysis of accident and injury data, identifying the needs for new or modified occupational safety programs.
- Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace, conduct and coordinate on-site inspections to audit physical conditions and safe work practices. Provide advice and counseling for all compliance regulations.
- Responsible for maintaining ISO 14001 systems, government regulations and conducting internal audits. Will be the Environmental Management Representative.
- Post-secondary degree/ diploma in Health and Safety. Safety certification training is considered a strong asset.
- 5 - 10 years safety related work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations and workers’ compensation legislation.
- Knowledge and understanding of Ontario Construction Regulations is an asset
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.