- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Environmental Coordinator assists in leading efforts to strategically plan, design, administer and implement all Environmental functions at the plant. The Environmental Coordinator conducts research on compliance to hazardous waste management, determines code violations and subsequent appropriate action, and monitors compliance reporting.
- Coordinates and maintains company policies adhering to local, state and federal environmental regulations
- Inspects the work areas and work procedures making environmental recommendations accordingly
- Maintains and updates environmental policy and procedure manuals
- Ensures compliance with and trains employees on all environmental regulations
- Keeps abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization
- Researches environmental information to assure the best available methods and equipment are adopted to minimize the hazards in the work place
- Responsible for environmental orientation, training, job site inspections and reporting
- Performs job site compliance inspections including hazard analysis, safe work procedures, written reports and recommendations
- Responsible for monitoring adherence to the company Environmental program by all employees and subcontractors
- Conducts research on hazardous waste management projects determining the magnitude of problems and treatment or disposal alternatives and costs
- Determines the nature of code violations and actions to be taken, and issues written notices of violation
- Determines sites and violation reports to investigate, coordinating compliance and enforcement activities with government agencies
- Monitors follow-up actions where violations were fund and reviews compliance monitoring reports
- Provides guidance to field personnel via Environmental briefings
- Provides advice and counsel to management and other employee groups on a broad range of Environmental issues and decisions
- Advises on improvements in tracking and reporting procedures
- All other duties as assigned
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS)
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Quality Management System (QMS)
- Two-year Associates Degree in Environmental Science, Social Science or related field
- Minimum four years related work experience
- Knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures, and regulations
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Proven ability to create/execute product development plans achieving identified targets
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Exceptional organizational skills with task prioritization, multi-tasking and time management skills
- Good verbal/written communication skills with demonstrated diplomacy and professionalism
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.