- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Engineering Technician will work with existing processes and manage the transition of technologies and new processes for batch scale up. In addition, he or she will prepare, execute, and complete validation protocols and reports (for new and existing processes and equipment), create drawings, ensuring compliance to all relevant quality standards and regulatory requirements. He or she will also explore innovative solutions to challenging situations. Other duties may be assigned.
- Monitor and report on the progress of technical projects and ensure that there is a continuous drive/focus on meeting schedules and agreed timescales
- Perform risk assessments and reporting any potential technical issues/capabilities on any new project to the relevant manager/staff
- Prepare, execute, and complete validation protocols and reports (for new and existing processes and equipment), ensuring compliance to all relevant quality standards and regulatory requirements
- Participate in cross functional teams to establish validation strategies and objectives to support process and equipment changes
- Provide hands on technical support and guidance to departments/staff, as needed, regarding related issues, ensuring compliance with quality standards and validation regulations
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical/product issues in the manufacturing of products
- Maintain an ongoing understanding and knowledge of the latest regulatory requirements
- Solve process problems and explore innovative solutions to challenging situation
- Diploma in engineering technology
- Superior analytical skills
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong working knowledge of Key Creator, MasterCam, Auto Cad
- Knowledge of Wire EDM Machines an asset
- Working knowledge of Tool & Die
- Strong knowledge of ISO14001
- Ability to design for manufacturing
- Knowledge of Musculoskeletal Injury Prevention
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.