- # of Openings
- Ventra Sandusky, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Engineering Supervisor will be responsible to provide leadership and direction within assigned engineering team. The Engineering Supervisor will be responsible for planning, scheduling and supervising the timely and quality work performance of the team. The Engineering Supervisor will focus on meeting manufacturing operations, product performance and cost goals.
- Supervise, mentor and coach engineers within assigned team
- Enforce product quality and requirements within the team
- Directs, prioritizes, assigns and reviews assigned employees work; approves time off for payroll purposes; prepares and reviews employee performance evaluations
- Prepare engineering drawings, schematics and/ or prototypes based upon pre-defined product requirements
- Test physical and computerized drawings and prototypes for functionality, reliability and ease of manufacture
- Research components, part suppliers and materials for suitability, durability and cost-effectiveness
- Assist with preparations for launching new products
- Review packaging to improve processes and consolidate purchases
- Review product methods, layouts, and cycle times to look for improvements and verify documentation
- Supervise the review of tooling design, fixture design, automation design, packaging, run rate, and PPAP
- Supervises the preparation of Process Flow Diagrams and PFMEA
- Troubleshoot product malfunctions/ failures to prevent future concerns
- Resolves problems using solutions that involve new techniques, technologies, or concepts
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ engineering experience, preferrably in the automotive industry
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Knowledge of requirements of TS 16949
- Knowledge and execution experience of APQP, PPAP, PFMEA, Control Plans and Process Flow
- Proven ability to create and execute product development plans that have achieved the identified target
- Exceptional organizational skills with task prioritization, multi-tasking, use of timelines and time management techniques
- Strong project management skills with an ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
- Demonstrates strong leadership, motivation, and supervisory qualities
- Must be proficient in Microsoft products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Project)
- Demonstrated problem solving skills in a work environment with focus on continuous improvement
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.