- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Rockford, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Engineering Manager's primary responsibility will be leading and developing the engineering team. The Engineering Manager will be responsible for directing, coordinating and exercising authority for planning, organization, leadership and completion of engineering projects. The Engineering Manager will coordinate programs and activities to achieve timely resolution to manufacturing problems and new process launches. The Engineering Manager will be accountable for the development of manufacturing capabilities and for ensuring proper manufacturing processing to obtain maximum productivity and quality.
· Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering department
· Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities
· Analyze technology, resources and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects
· Direct, review, and approve product design and changes
· Monitors progress against project schedules and budgets; recommends allocation of resources as required to accomplish goals
· Responsible for assisting in interviewing, hiring and training employees
· Oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence
· Develops evaluation criteria that will serve to measure progress and effectiveness of departmental operations
· Reviews department objectives for adequacy and consistency with corporate objectives
· Plans and formulates engineering program and organizes project staff according to project requirements
· Analyzes and solves engineering-related problems with the assistance of subordinate managers and department personnel
· Coordinates all customer and internal engineering changes
· Monthly reporting of departmental metrics
· Follow-up on permanent corrective action plans to resolve any outstanding issues related to quality, production, equipment, tooling, customers, and production controls
· Approve all tool process sheets, any changes to part, manufacturing process cost, material/ process standards and packaging
· Coordinate all engineering changes and approvals to meet customer deadlines
· Evaluate and approve all equipment required for programs
· Liaise with vendors for plant projects and equipment purchases for projects
· Reviews corporate quotes for new programs
· Promote and enforce a safe and healthy work environment in accordance with applicable legislation and company policies and procedures.
· Drive continuous improvement of processes, quality and cost to maintain profitability and competitiveness
· Responsible for maintaining ISO/ TS compliance within manufacturing.
· Manage CMS routers and bill of material for new product set-up and maintain current system data for engineering changes.
· Maintain product spreadsheets for engineering change impacts and customer LTA.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
· Minimum 8 years working in manufacturing
· Minimum 3 years’ management experience, with technical leadership skills for problem solving
· Extensive knowledge of engineering practices and principles as well as understanding scientific methods of problem solving
· Demonstrated ability with cost analysis, product design methods, interpersonal skills and the ability to integrate all of these skills to a productive cost-effective result
· Must be competent with CAD systems, DFA, DFM, FMEA, DOE, and FEA
· Must be proficient in Microsoft products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Project)
· Excellent program and project management skills with strong document management
· Excellent analytical skills including the ability to analyze, troubleshoot, process, change and improve design and equipment
· Familiar with legislative requirements and automotive OEM procedures (domestic and transplants)
· Strong presentation, written and verbal skills
· Able to communicate ideas and recommendations to non-engineer team members in a clear manner
· Excellent time management and project management skills
· Strong presentation, written and verbal skills
· Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
· Ability to manage and motivate a team
· Able to manage multiple projects and tasks
· Demonstrates strong leadership and supervisory qualities
· Ability to deal with difficult personalities and/ or situations with strong conflict resolution skills
· Able to work effectively with internal and external customers and suppliers
· Professional/ mature demeanour under stressful conditions
· Must have an maintain a valid driver license and passport
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.