Engineering Lab Technician
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Management, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The primary responsibility of the Engineering Lab Technician will be to build prototype components for use in testing or vehicle fit-up. The Engineering Lab Technician will assist the engineers with activities such as research and development, quality control and testing. The Engineering Lab Technician will support manufacturing activities when “down time” occurs in the Engineering Lab.
• Assist Engineers in the creation, modification and testing of products and processes
• Assist in interpret engineering drawings for production personnel
• Create Standard Word documentation to file test results for repeat set-up procedures and future reference.
• Perform root cause and failure analysis, as required
• Test products at specified stages in the Engineering Development process for performance characteristics or adherence to specifications
• Inspect products and processes to identify areas of improvement
• Initiate improvements in current product design to improve overall function and durability.
• Assist with troubleshooting of product design.
• Assist in the development and implementation of safety, health, ergonomic and environmental improvements within the manufacturing facility
• Perform maintenance processes on equipment and prepare equipment for operation.
• Minimum of 5 years manufacturing experience
• Strong working knowledge of Process Flow, Control Plan, Statistical Process, and Machine Controls
• Knowledge of welding and welding practices.
• Knowledge of CAD
• Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
• Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control and costs.
• Ability to analyze information and evaluate results to problem solve and chose best solutions
• Ability to analyze data and create technical documents
• Ability to use common hand tools and power tools
• Ability to use common measuring devices, such as micrometers, calipers, optical equipment, etc.
• Proficient in work processing, spreadsheets, presentation software and other database functions such as reporting and analysis
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong ability to troubleshoot and problem solving
• Able to work independently, multi-task and prioritize
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.