- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Rockford, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Flex-N-Gate Rockford produces automotive exterior trim products that involve injection molding, hardcoat spray/flow coating and both automated and manual Assembly processes. The intern hired for this position should expect to learn all facets of consistent within the area of study and will leave this position with invaluable skills and industry knowledge.
The Engineering Interns will report to the Engineering Manager and work with several Managers and team members within the facility. The main projects to be completed are the initialization and setup of ISO 45001 Safety Standard, new lean layout of the assembly areas using AutoCAD, study the plant material flow (value stream mapping), hardcoat film thickness mapping, hardcoat material usage, and assisting the molding team implementing the automated gate cutting.
- Exposure to all relevant duties consistent with an Engineering discipline; preferably Junior or Senior level
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work comfortably around equipment in a factory environment
- Ability to work independently after direction
- Ability to measure locations of equipment (tape measure)
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2015
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint & Excel)
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Status: Internship
Job Reference #: 4930