Engineering Intern(s) - Lighting
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Advanced Product Development, LLC (Allen Park)
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Work on new model launch supporting initial vehicle builds at customer location, support lamp builds at Flex-N-Gate facilities, facilitate completion of lamp design validation testing
Interface with a large cross functional group including customer engineers, supplier engineers, program managers, engineers, and assembly personnel
- Provide technical and project leadership in directing a cross-function team for preproduction builds
- Effectively communicate project status and proactively manage risk
- A. report to management
- Acts as primary interface to customer for project build issues
- Establish countermeasures when the project deliverables are at risk
- Initiate, maintain, and publish the program open issues report
- Other duties as assigned
Completion of 3 years at university in an Engineering program
Solid understanding of manufacturing, engineering and product engineering disciplines and processes.
Ability to problem solve issues.
Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills
At least a 3.0 GPA to be considered
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.