- # of Openings
- Ventra Evart, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Engineering Administrator will assist in providing support to the daily operations of the Engineering Department. The Engineering Administrator will perform a wide variety of clerical and support duties such as filing, including creating, editing and distributing a variety of documents, compiling reports, creating presentations and responding to requests for information from all departments. The Engineering Administrator will also generate Project Number Requests, and process purchase order requests.
- Provide support for the Engineering Department
- Release ECNs including drawings, CAD, BOMs, Packaging specs, DFMEA and DVP, ensuring cover sheet matches the data on the documents for release, ensuring accuracy and checking customer specifications are current. Document status and follow up as required.
- Release Engineering Alerts and follow up to ensure they have been received.
- Set up PCRs and maintain PCR/ECN Log.
- Create and maintain project files on Q: drive and L: drive for both Product Engineering and Tooling and also in PLM. Enter budget information into CMS as required.
- Send out weekly reports to multiple locations.
- Manage Corporate Resources – cars, phones, cameras and transponders. Check vehicle inspection forms and ensure cars are serviced in a timely manner; as well as rent vehicles as required. Batteries in phones and cameras are checked on a regular basis.
- Create customs paperwork for new tooling shipments including entering information onto the Statistics Canada CAED website as required. Keep electronic back up documents and list to be prepared for an audit by Stats Can.
- Purchase orders – source items, enter requisitions, enter PO’s, and expedite as required.
- Enter new vendors or vendor changes onto the online Vendor Master Form.
- Manage Customer Specifications for corporation. Continually checking documents for current revision level. Updating as required and emailing members to advise of changes. Module owner for PLM Customer Specifications.
- Check Customer Specific Requirements on a monthly basis and ensure PDC Group receive training on changing requirements. Update training spreadsheet and send copy to HR.
- Order and manage office supplies, ensuring we have reasonable stock of everyday items.
- Printing and binding of various presentations
- Maintenance of engineering library including customer specifications, BOM’s, drawings, etc.
- Assist in project schedule tracking and project schedule reporting
- Minimum of High School Diploma/ GED
- Prefer Certificate or Associates Degree in related field
- Must be able to read basic drawings.
- Minimum of 2 years office experience in automotive industry
- Proficient in MS Office applications with exceptional skills in Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook email
- Must be team oriented with ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Must be able to relate well and interact with all levels of personnel
- Must have excellent attention to detail
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work appropriately
- Ability to execute all job responsibilities in accordance with ISO/ TS 16949 requirements
- ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management Systems Internal Auditor course (if audits are a requirement)
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.