- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Engineering Coordinator/Administrator will assist in providing support to the daily operations of the Engineering Department by performing a wide variety of duties including creating, editing and distributing a variety of documents, compiling reports, creating presentations and responding to requests for information from all departments. The Engineering Coordinator/Administrator will ensure that all tasks are progressing at a rate which will achieve the successful completion of projects to meet customer specifications and project timing.
• Provide support for the Engineering Department
• Release Engineering DCCF’s and follow up to ensure they have been received.
• Maintain Engineering change logs
• Purchase orders – source items, enter requisitions, enter PO’s, and expedite as required.
• Maintenance of engineering library including customer specifications, BOM’s, drawings, etc.
• Assist in project schedule tracking and project schedule reporting
• Effectively communicate project status and proactively manage risk
• Maintain project costs within the baseline budgets for BOM, tooling, and investment
• Initiate, maintain, and publish the program open issues report
• Initiate the review of lessons learned/best practices of other programs and document new ones from each project
• Supports internal and external cost cutting requirements.
• Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control and costs for maximizing manufacturing
• Facilitate meetings including APQP and continuous improvement
• Minimum of College Diploma – Mechanical/Industrial Technologist or a related field
• Product launch experience in the automotive industry as a Tier 1 supplier
• Minimum of 2 years office experience in automotive industry
• Must be able to read basic drawings.
• Proficient in MS Office applications with exceptional skills in Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook email
• Must be team oriented with ability to work independently without direct supervision
• Must be able to relate well and interact with all levels of personnel
• Must have excellent attention to detail
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize work appropriately
• Ability to execute all job responsibilities in accordance with ISO/ TS 16949 requirements
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.