Embedded Software Engineer / Electronics
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Advanced Product Development, LLC (Allen Park)
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 13th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
This successful candidate will translate customer and product requirements to software architecture specifications, develop the embedded software and validate system functions in safety critical electronic modules developed for automotive OEM customers.
- Real-time embedded software development, system architecture, requirements analysis, design, coding, and validation testing of automotive microcontroller modules.
- Collaborate with the customers, program managers and engineering teams (Electronic, Mechanical, Manufacturing) to define and implement product requirements and validate performance.
- Develop software testing requirements for manufacturing, EMC and Environmental testing
- Lead the improvement of software tools and processes to achieve customer satisfaction and high software reliability.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or Computer Science; MS in related discipline is preferred.
- Experience in developing real-time embedded software for real-time electronic modules for safety critical applications.
- Demonstrated skills in C, C+, C++ and assembly language and experience with scripting languages
- CAN and LIN experience using Canalyzer, CANoe, CANape, Microchip network analysis tools
- Experienced controlling DC and stepper motors
- ISO26262 compliance experience desired.
- Knowledge of SEI Capability Maturity Model or equivalent
- Matlab, Simulink is required; Auto code generation experience desired
- Working knowledge of engineering drawings, dimensioning, tolerancing, GD&T
- Excellent communications skills
- Use e-business tools (MS OneNote, MS Access Database, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, MS Outlook etc.)
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 4322