- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Electronics Technologist is responsible for managing all aspects of electrical design for projects within the organization’s field. The Electrical Control Technologist provides solutions to technical problems and is responsible for job planning and quality production. This position is accountable for the processes of design, testing and continuous development of electrical equipment, components and systems as assigned.
- Direct and coordinate electrical planning and implementation ensuring compliance with specifications, codes, and work order requirements
- Report work compliance with relevant codes, standards and procedures
- Provide designs such items as cable tray layouts, electrical equipment arrangements, lighting layouts and LV single line diagrams
- Provide electrical calculations such as volt-drop, EHT heat loss, illumination level, distribution transformer sizing and panel loading
- Prepare specifications for purchase of materials and equipment
- Operate computer-assisted engineering and design software such as AutoCAD & MicroStation/PDS
- Provide expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems
- Create technical reports, documentation, calculations and sketches
- Develop sustainable work relationships to ensure positive resolutions with all contacts
- Perform electrical studies as assigned
- Create conceptual designs for assigned projects
- Create specifications as needed
- Prepare cost estimates and equipment layouts
- Oversee the implementation of designs
- Provide resource estimates and schedules for projects
- Make technical decisions
- Direct and coordinate other electrical part of the project team
- Maintain records of project resources
- Participate in department training programs
- Maintain up-to-date electrical engineering knowledge and stay current with industry trends and best practices
- Community College Diploma in Engineering Technology;
- Three to five years experience in machine controls and PLC programming
- Automation experience is required
- Proven project management skills (if no full-time work experience)
- Work experience with CADKey and PLC programming
- Proven experience with Robotic troubleshooting and programming.
- Able to design control circuits and generate electrical schematics
- Demonstrated understanding of engineering theories and principles
- Strong presentation, oratory, and verbal skills
- Able to communicate ideas and recommendations to non-engineer team members in a clear manner
- Demonstrated knowledge of Canadian electrical standards
- Work experience with pneumatic/ hydraulic controls, sensors and electrical hardware, and control wiring circuitry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of required code for operation’s geographical area
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- Able to apply right mathematical methods and formulas to problem solving
- Able to create alternative solutions to problems
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.
Job Reference #: 4332