- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Electronics Technologist is responsible for managing all aspects of electrical design for projects within the organization’s field. The Electrical Control Technologist provides solutions to technical problems and is responsible for job planning and quality production. This position is accountable for the processes of design, testing and continuous development of electrical equipment, components and systems as assigned.
- Community College Diploma in Engineering Technology;
- Three to five years experience in machine controls and PLC programming
- Automation experience is required
- Proven project management skills (if no full-time work experience)
- Work experience with CADKey and PLC programming
- Proven experience with Robotic troubleshooting and programming.
- Able to design control circuits and generate electrical schematics
- Demonstrated understanding of engineering theories and principles
- Strong presentation, oratory, and verbal skills
- Able to communicate ideas and recommendations to non-engineer team members in a clear manner
- Demonstrated knowledge of Canadian electrical standards
- Work experience with pneumatic/ hydraulic controls, sensors and electrical hardware, and control wiring circuitry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of required code for operation’s geographical area
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- Able to apply right mathematical methods and formulas to problem solving
- Able to create alternative solutions to problems
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 9284