- # of Openings
- Ventra Sandusky, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Warranty Electronics Technician supports and promotes plant wide quality improvement efforts relating to warranty. They analyze warranty returns to establish root cause and corrective actions and then help to implement those actions.
- Analyze warranty returns including testing and tear down to determine root cause.
- Work with quality and engineering teams to determine corrective action plan.
- Support corrective warranty corrective action meetings with customer.
- Read blueprints, wiring diagrams, schematic drawings, or engineering instructions for assembling electronics components and apply knowledge of electronic theory and components.
- Assemble, test, and analyze circuitry or electronic components according to engineering instructions, technical manuals, and knowledge of electronics
- Identify solutions to quality and technical design problems with electronic components or circuitry that may arise during operation of the system
- Work directly with our electronics component suppliers to obtain information, communicate quality issues, and resolve problems associated with those components
- Partner with assembly engineers to implement corrective actions on the assembly line.
- Use computers and software to retrieve process data, enter data, and analyze results
- Write, maintain procedures, and lead compliance audits involving ESD (Electro-Static Discharge) control within the assembly plant.
- Translate or explain technical information and how it can be used.
- Provide customer support and education, working to identify needs, determine sources of problems, or to provide information on product use.
- Provide support and maintain compliance with all company guidelines, union contracts, IATF 16949, ISO9001 2015, ISO14001, and all applicable government regulations and standards.
- Associate’s degree in electronics or engineering
- Analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to understand wiring diagrams and schematics
- Knowledge of production process, machines, tools, including design and uses.
- Troubleshooting ability is required to tear down / disassemble parts for analysis.
- Experience in lighting manufacturing or warranty analysis.
- Utilize production test equipment.
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.