- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Electronics Technician is responsible for building, testing, troubleshooting and repairing production electronic components, parts, equipment and systems such as computer equipment, test equipment and machine tool numerical controls. He applies principles and theories of electronics, electrical circuitry, electronic and electrical testing and physics. Usually works under the direction of engineering staff.
- Read blueprints, wiring diagrams, schematic drawings and engineering instructions
- Apply knowledge of electronic theory and components
- Identify and resolve equipment malfunctions
- Work with manufacturers or field representatives as necessary to procure replacement parts
- Tests electronic units using standard test equipment
- Analyze the results to evaluate performance and determine need for adjustment
- Adjust or replace defective or improperly functioning circuitry or electronic components using hand tools or soldering iron
- Make technical decisions
- Participate in department training programs
- Community College Diploma in Electronics Technology;
- One to Three years experience in machine controls and PLC programming
- Automation experience is required
- Work experience with CADKey and PLC programming
- Proven experience with Robotic troubleshooting and programming.
- Work experience with pneumatic/ hydraulic controls, sensors and electrical hardware, and control wiring circuitry.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.