Electronics Supplier Quality Engineer
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Advanced Product Development, LLC (Allen Park)
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
This Quality professional will ensure customer satisfaction and continuous quality improvement through hands-on supply base mentoring. As an STA, you will impact the quality of our current products and help drive future products to world class quality as a member and leader of cross functional teams. The STA will be the technical liaison between the electronics supply base, engineering, purchasing and manufacturing. You will work with suppliers to resolve quality issues, implement APQP and monitor program deliverable progress, and provide technical support throughout the product life cycle.
- Develop and implement electronics supply base quality improvement plans to:
- Reduce customer quality disruptions (Pass through defects)
- Reduce FNG/Ventra manufacturing quality disruptions (Quality defects)
- Reduce supplier warranty events (Warranty return)
- Lead the development of suppliers of new and modified electrical systems and components for future products.
- Assure suppliers understand and comply with APQP processes and product PPAP submission and approval requirements.
- Monitor supplier APQP progress and ensure timing and deliverable commitments are fulfilled
- Analyze and interpret supplier test data.
- Track and report supplier performance trends to FNG/Ventra management
- Drive suppliers to find root cause and permanent corrective actions reduce quality and warranty issues and document within the 8D process.
- Develop and improve systems and processes to manage supply base efficiently. Create guidelines and best practices and share with supply base and FNG.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a manufacturing and/or design environment
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer is a plus
- Ideal candidates will have experience with quality improvement, quality processes and lean manufacturing.
- Experience with electronics in automotive product development and/or manufacturing
- Working knowledge of engineering drawings, dimensioning, tolerancing, GD&T
- Excellent communications skills
- Use e-business tools (MS OneNote, MS Access Database, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, MS Outlook etc.)
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 5064