- # of Openings
- Ventra Grand Rapids 5 LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Electronic Engineer develops electronics to support automotive exterior lighting.
- Design, develop, characterize, optimize, validate, release and launch automotive lighting electronic products.
- Develop electronic quotes and schematics for new program pursuits.
- Develop specifications for LED lighting, HID lighting, wiring harnesses, stepper motors, communications (such as LIN and CAN) and other electrical and electronic components in exterior lighting.
- Build knowledge base for latest technology in lighting devices and drivers and automotive regulations / requirements. Drive re-use of proven, cost effective designs. Provide Electronic in-house support to manufacturing plant and product engineering team
- Communicate and interface with OEM customers—presentations, design reviews, e-mails.
- Electrical Design Experience – 5 years with MS, 10 years with BSEE (automotive electronics preferred). Understands DFMEAs, DVP&Rs, reliability requirements and quality design and robust validation testing.
- Cost effective electronic application designer. Experienced in circuit design and simulation in Pspice and Altium or equivalent systems. Switching power supplies (Buck/Boost), linear power regulation and LED design development and application skills preferred.
- Worst Case Circuit Analysis (Using MathCAD or equivalent)
- EMC circuit design robustness and testing requirements for automotive products.
- Embedded microcontroller application designer using C or C++. CAN and/or LIN buss programming ability a plus.
- Electrical design for manufacturability practices.
- Circuit thermal analysis, with CAD experience
- Project Manager, overseeing, leading, and directing simultaneous projects. Integrates OEM requirements into design while managing both supplier and OEM expectations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Works well in cross-functional teams
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 3005