Electrical & Industrial Maintenance Apprentice
- # of Openings
- Ventra Salem, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
We are accepting applications for apprenticeship openings here at Ventra Salem, LLC for Electrical & Industrial Maintenance Apprentice.
This Maintenance Apprentice will learn to provide mechanical and electrical support to the plant machinery and equipment. Apprentices attend classes as needed each quarter. Schedules may vary based on the training topic and may include overtime, early starts, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Learn to provide mechanical and electrical support to the plant machinery and equipment
- Learn to perform preventative maintenance on equipment
- Learn to moves, aligns, level, and installs machinery.
- Must be self-motivated with good attendance.
- Must have Ability to work all shifts and work overtime when necessary
- Follows all safety regulations.
- High school diploma or GED
- Mechanical/technical aptitude and a passion for working with your hands
- Demonstrated focus on safety, quality and goal attainment
- Operates with honesty and integrity
- Self-driven, reliable and able to work independently
- Curious with a desire to learn and grow
- Solid planning, organizing, time management, communication and problem-solving skills
- Strong team work and collaboration with peers and leaders
- Ability to work at elevated heights, and to lift up to 50 lbs as needed
Work requirements 8000 hours documented work in the maintenance group Must have minimum hours of work in specific areas Acceptable performance evaluations
Coursework Training requirements Completion of all required courses Placement in program will be decided by a combination of existing documented experience and classroom work. Once placed in the program at a specific level, an equivalent amount of experience and classroom instruction will be required to move to the next pay level. Ventra will pay for class cost in advance of classes-successful passing grades are required to be submitted by apprentice to continue apprenticeship
Books and limited tools will be paid or supplied by Ventra The majority of courses will be on-line classes, students will be required to meet monthly with Maintenance Manager to validate progress and/or check competencies.
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY
A high school diploma or GED equivalency is required. (Applicant must provide an official transcript(s) for high school & post high school education & training. All GED records must be submitted if applicable).
Submit Application form
Basic Skills Test & Mechanical Aptitude Test; score > 75% on both tests to pass.
Interview with the selection team
Must be available to work any shift
If offered position, must pass physical
Two (2) letters of recommendation (non-relative, teacher/instructor, supervisor)
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.