- # of Openings
- X-Cel Industries, Inc.
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Develops, implements and maintains all current Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) programs to ensure a safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment by performing personally or through subordinate EHS Engineers the following duties:
- Participates with Human Resources to maintain the facility EHS training programs.
- Ensures employees receive necessary emergency response training.
- Manages the facility EHS activities including coordination of Emergency Response Plan when appropriate.
- Participates in management review of the facility Environmental Management System.
- Leads in the investigation of accidents and injuries.
- Develops, implements and maintains the EMS requirements in accordance with the ISO 14001:2004 standard.
- Maintains the Environmental System Manual and documented work instruction and procedures
- Generates corrective and preventive action plans for facilities.
- Summarizes and reports the status/progress of the EMS to Senior Management for review and as a basis for continuous improvement (e.g. summary of internal environmental system audits, corrective action plans, status of EMS objectives and targets).
- Reviews projects, rearrangements and process modifications for environmental impacts.
- Oversees training of associates on relevant EMS requirements.
- Assembles and directs the EMS cross-functional team (CFT) to support the EMS.
- Anticipates, identifies and evaluates hazardous conditions and practices. Hazardous conditions may be identified by performing routine safety inspections of facilities, equipment and fixtures, accident investigation, and analysis of individual tasks performed.
- Develops hazard control designs, methods, procedures and programs. Implements, administers and advises others on existing or new hazard controls and hazard control programs. Measures, audits and evaluates the effectiveness of hazard controls and their programs.
- Counsels management in the application of effective EHS programs and procedures. Verifies adherence to these programs and procedures by monitoring day-to-day implementation of policies concerning EHS related programs.
- Recommends revisions to or draft new EHS programs and procedures as required. Presents these programs to Staff Management.
- Participates in new hire associate orientation with the facilitation of EHS program training, fostering positive attitude toward company EHS goals.
- Participates in workers’ compensation program communicating with associates, medical providers and outside counsel in an effort to control costs.
- University Degree in related field or;
- Community College diploma in related field or;
- Five years of HR and Safety related work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Safety certification training (e.g. CRSP, Workplace Hazardous Materials Information, MSDA) is considered a strong asset.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations and workers' compensation legislation.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Must be highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Knowledge of concrete formwork, demolition, and heavy civil work is an asset.
- Working toward certification, or already certified, under the Occupational Health & Safety Act/Regulations is considered an asset.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
- Strong analytical ability
- Supervisory and interpersonal skills are required.
- Troubleshooting ability is required
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated good internal customer service skills
- Proven good presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Detail oriented
- Good computer skills
- Physical ability to lift 25lbs.
- Travel as necessary
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.