E-coat Paint Manufacturing Supervisor
- # of Openings
- Guardian West, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Primary responsibility is the supervision and effective operation of the E-coat system within the facility. Responsible for monitoring and maintenance of the Ecoat system and directing E-coat Technicians.
E-COAT ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES include the following:
- Controls and manages the Ecoat paint line activities and processes through successful direction and support. Hands on leader of daily maintenance and operation of the Ecoat system.
- Identifies and initiates action to prevent any non-conformities relating to product, process and quality system and follows up on solution implementation.
- Identifies targets for continuous improvement and works with teams to achieve success.
- Exercises direct supervision over department associates and E-coat Technicians with respect to production quantity and quality and meeting production schedules. Identifies employees who require training and provides it.
- Ensures process technicians are maintaining processes and yield targets;
- Oversees, coordinates and chooses effective and efficient application methods that are cost effective by reducing material usage;
- Establishes process control that eliminates non-conforming processes and is error proofed;
- Generates reports from yields data and downtime, responsible for efficient operation of Ecoat system as a whole. Ensures adequate product is available for on-time shipment
- Ensures accountability and compliance to procedures, functional performance and acceptability to customer requirements;
- Coordinates plant projects and oversees activities related to the Ecoat system while meeting budget and goals
- Maintains organizational structure by delegating and assigning responsibilities to promote continuous improvement;
- Communicates with all operations, suppliers and customers and provides customer satisfaction;
- Coordinates and supervises launching of new equipment for process improvement;
- Will attend daily production review/management meetings to ensure goals/objectives are achieved.
- Addresses safety issues promptly and thoroughly and reports issues to appropriate personnel or upper management.
- Maintains compliance to Company policies and work rules, safety standards and good housekeeping practices.
- Maintains 5S standards as they relate to housekeeping in the assigned work area
- Follows ISO and IATF requirements per standards
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related area, or equivalent combination of experience and training or relevant experience
- 2-3 years paint application experience in an automotive environment
- Strong communication, organizational, problem solving, teamwork, presentation, inter- personal and leadership skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.