E-Coat Operator (2nd Shift)
- # of Openings
- X-Cel Industries, Inc.
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The E-Coat Operator position will work in coordination with multiple departments including Production and Quality. This position involves set-up and monitoring of the e-coat system.
- This role will assist with startup, verification, sign off approval to begin both E-coat lines as well as perform necessary titrations for processing tanks on daily basis and make required adjustments and re-checks, as necessary. Perform postproduction shutdown per shutdown checklist.
- Actively participate in discussions of equipment, repair, and process improvements
- Ensure tanks are transferred as necessary (i.e. tanks dumped, cleaned, refilled, titrated, heated up, and are ready to run for first shift production)
- Insure that all inventory perishable items (i.e. chemicals, filters, etc) are at prescribed levels and reordered at minimum levels
- Work in coordination with the Quality Department to resolve quality related items; make recommendations for solutions (temporary and long-term solutions)
- Work in coordination with the Production Department to minimize equipment/maintenance down-time
- Assist to verifying that all tasks are completed for appropriate processing lines
- Assist to ensure proper titrations of all applicable tanks are completed and are within processing parameters; adjust as necessary (temperature, chemical levels, concentration, etc.). Verify information is recorded daily including chemical additions and comments for out of parameter entries on the online titration sheet
- Ensure/review the daily shift communication form is being completed and is effectively working between the shifts
- Send e-mail communication to first shift Engineering/Maintenance as necessary
- Assist with line/paint maintenance and equipment projects, as needed
- Ensure proper chemicals, supplies, cleaning equipment, PPE are in stock and available for use; Notify appropriate personnel regarding shortages
- Ensure processing equipment is running efficiently; make recommendations to repair/replace as necessary
- Work with maintenance and outside contractors to resolve all equipment functional issues; ensure safety requirements are being met by outside vendors, as necessary
- Insure weekly Maintenance is complete and the appropriate documentation is filed
- Insure monthly Maintenance is complete and the appropriate documentation is filed
- Report any unusual findings or potential concerns to your Supervisor in writing
- Insure the appropriate stock of “spare parts” is maintained
- Assist and maintain ISO preventative maintenance records on all processing related equipment as indicated by Engineering; record all detail of preventative maintenance completed
- 5S – Keep your work area clean and organized
- Maintain water softeners as necessary
- Assist with schedule, monitor and perform weekend tank cleanings (including ovens)
- Good analytical skills, and good written and verbal communication skill
- Ability to work well with others in coordination of multiple job tasks involving several process steps and several work shifts
- Record of dependability and good attendance
- Demonstrated ability to lead
- Basic computer skills with Word/Excel/Outlook
- Willing to work overtime as needed
- Ability to work with chemicals
- Must be able to wear a respirator, be confined space, lock-out/tag-out, and forklift trained
- Must work in a safe and professional manner at all times
- Willing to work off-shifts/rotating shifts/weekends when needed
- Willing to be on-call when needed/report to work on short notice for emergencies
- Minimum of high school diploma
- E-Coat related classes with DuPont and/or Henkel
- Company rules and regulations (orientation)
- Basic SPC
- Annual hazardous waste training per Resource Conservation & Recovery Act (RCRA)
- Confined Space
- Lock Out/Tag Out
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.