Document Control Specialist
- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Document Control Specialist will be responsible for the overall organization, management and maintenance of all Company documents. He or she will oversee all aspects of filing, archiving and retrieval of documents pertaining to the Company’s policies, documentation, instructional materials, quality control documents records, as well as any other stored records as required. The Document Control Specialist will work with management, staff and clients to ensure that all documentation is appropriately managed and retrieved as necessary and is stored in accordance with any relevant standards or regulations.
- Prepare documentation/records for retention and preservation.
- Arrange acquisition or retrieval of records.
- Catalogue documentation.
- Manage records and information.
- Advise users how to access, use or interpret archives.
- Facilitate access through computer-aided searches or other methods of remote access.
- Access documentation as necessary or upon request.
- Shelve and retrieve materials.
- Assist managers, staff with research (onsite, phone and online queries).
- Fill online and in-person requests for copies of necessary documents.
- Work with staff in developing and implementing special projects.
- File materials and perform general office maintenance.
- Assist with the management of the production, distribution and version control of controlled documents in compliance with the applicable written procedures.
- Undertake the administration of the archiving services to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Provide appropriate assistance and guidance to staff to ensure that the required documents are produced in an efficient manner, and in the standard format.
- Manage the review and approval of controlled documents to ensure that they are approved and issued in a timely manner.
- Maintain the relevant paper and electronic files, and to maintain accurate administrative records, in accordance with written Quality Assurance procedures.
- Ensure that indices are up-to-date, and that obsolete versions of controlled documents are removed and archived.
- Manage the document and sample archives to ensure compliance with requirements and written procedures.
- Recommend actions and strategies in order to improve the management of controlled documents and archived data.
- Ensure that the document management system is well understood and that controlled document production and review is understood and given priority at all levels within the organization.
- Foster a culture of compliance with formal procedures for production and control of documents and an understanding of version control and document and sample archiving.
- Instruct management and staff in the use of the file storage system.
- Accurately file and retrieve technical documentation in an alphanumeric system
- Prepare document control procedures. Implement and manage project document control and document management processes and systems.
- Ensure that document procedures are being adhered to by team members.
- Advocate best practices and drive improvement of document management processes and procedures.
- Ensure that all received electronic media are filed appropriately within the document management system.
- Develop filing error tracking system. Index and maintain hardcopy information.
- Other administration duties as required.
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
- High School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent and/or
- Advanced computer knowledge and skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Etc.)
- Experience in an administrative function would be considered an asset.
- General understanding of computerized cataloging systems.
- Excellent research skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Accuracy and attention to detail while working under tight deadlines.
- Assertive, comfortable communicating with various types of individuals.
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently, in addition to being a team player
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of IATF Standards
- Working knowledge of blueprint reading
- Good interpersonal skills
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.