Director of Human Resources
- # of Openings
- Human Resources
- Flex-N-Gate Sterling Heights, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Human Resources Director is responsible for proactively partnering with Human Resources Managers to ensure the development and delivery of strategic Human Resource programming and tactical solutions. The core areas of responsibilities are compensation & benefits, talent management, training, health & safety, labor and employee relations. Position will be based in Sterling Heights, MI, but also have management responsibility over Plants across the U.S.
**MUST HAVE PREVIOUS LABOR NEGOTIATIONS EXPERIENCE
- Guides assigned HR Taskforce to develop and update policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; while communicating and enforcing organization values.
- Ensuring organizational conformation with applicable HR related regulations and statutes as well as organizational procedures and policies.
- Identifying, evaluating, and resolving human relations, employee morale, work performance, and organizational productivity concerns.
- Developing staffing strategies and implementing programs and plans. Identifying and cultivating effective and appropriate sources for employee for all job levels.
- Creating and updating employee training and organizational development programs.
- Managing the human resource management and payroll system and providing the C-Suite with the essential reporting in order to help them manage the business.
- Creating and updating compensation plans ensuring that the Company is competitive in the market
- Insuring that every aspect of human resources incorporate the vision, values, and culture of Flex N Gate.
- Managing the risk management work functions
- Participating as a senior management team member in weekly Director Meetings in order to develop and discuss organizational procedures and policies.
- Complies with federal, state(s), provincial and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements.
• Bachelor’s Degree required. Masters preferred.
• SHRM – SCP or SPHR
• Human Resource Management experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Labor Relations
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
• Highly motivated, service and team-oriented
• Knowledge of the manufacturing industry
• Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational development, employee relations, and training and development
• General knowledge of employment laws and practices; knows when to call a lawyer and when to trust his/her own experience
• Demonstrated good internal customer service skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects.
• Ability to develop HR programs and policies based on business new requirements.
• Ability to develop technical papers, policy papers and to present technical information to senior management people.
• Strong project management, time management, and leadership skills.
• Ability to mentor HR Managers.
• Ability to negotiate contracts.
• Willingness to work additional hours in order to meet tight deadlines.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 5578