- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Customs Intern will provide support to the Corporate Customs Compliance Manager and assist with the preparation and maintenance of import and export documents in compliance with customs and government regulations.
- Validate required trade documentation.
- Prepare documents and forms to move goods efficiently through import and export steps and procedures.
- Conduct preliminary review of paperwork and documents to ensure customs fees are billed correctly.
- Maintain a database that tracks invoice reconciliation.
- Maintain records to support classification determinations.
- Assist in the preparation of briefs, audits, and presentations.
- Maintain effective relationship with internal business partners.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of customs regulations and policies.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and accuracy.
- Ability to handle large volumes and meet tight deadlines.
- Client Service oriented -- interpersonal skills with internal/external partners.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.