Customs Compliance Specialist
- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Customs Compliance Specialist is responsible for performing customs compliance-related duties on a professional level and works closely with the Director of Logistics & Customs, corporate logistics staff, plant-level logistics management and staff, as well as plant and corporate finance.
- Manage the relationship with Flex-N-Gate's Canadian and US Customs brokerage offices.
- Monitor clearances and work with FNG brokers to ensure accuracy of entries.
- Coordinate/maintain the part database that drives proper classification of materials imported to or exported from the exported from the US/Canada by Flex-N-Gate.
US/Canada by Flex-N-Gate
- Assist with the tracking of and responding to inquiries from US and Canadian customs offices
- Assist plants and additional members of the logistics team with classification of materials for shipping
- Review and provide professional opinions on policies and practices associated with trade agreements between the
US/Canada and other countries.
- Assist Canadian plants with the management of GST payments and the required Statement of Account process managed through the Canadian brokerage office.
- File disputes of US / Canadian customs claims or penalty actions when appropriate.
- Develop and provide training to Flex-N-Gate plants in matters of customs rules, regulations, document preparation, etc.
- Canadian/US Customs Broker's license preferred
- Certifications in Compliance or Trade Specialist
- Experience:5-10 years verifiable experience in a customs brokerage setting or in a manufacturing setting with customs compliance responsibility.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.