Customer Service Supervisor
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Covington, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Responsible to ensure that customer requirements are met and customer release information is relayed to manufacturing accurately and on a timely basis. Position will oversee shipping personnel and manages all logistic requirements. Point contact for all customer relations. Pro-actively communicates potential shortage conditions to appropriate production management. Must be multi-task oriented, capable of prioritizing objectives projects.
· Demonstrate a full understanding of CMS AS400 system as it relates to inventory, material releases and lead time of items necessary to satisfy customer and build requirements
· Schedule material releases based on customer requirements as identified in the CMS AS400 system and SMART system for all products necessary to efficiently meet all customer requirements.
This will involve knowledge and understanding of forecasting and utilizing resources necessary to forecast.
· Maintain rolling one to two week schedule of releases, modifying as necessary to meet customer and build requirements.
Provide various reports and information as needed or required pertaining to releases and anticipated delivery
· Schedule all orders/releases to meet all customer and production needs. Effectively and timely communicate results to various personnel.
· Prepare and issue change notices
· Arrange for disposal of obsolete/surplus materials
· Analyze material and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability and prepares analysis reports.
· Monitor vendor shipping and receiving performance to enhance inventory levels, while striving to keep two-three days of inventory on hand, at all times.
Establish effective tracking system and procedures to determine quantities necessary to achieve maximum results.
· Supervise and direct all activities of all shipping personnel. Must have knowledge of functions in each of these positions and provide continuity of performance during any period of absence.
· Daily communications with appropriate personnel and/or vendor to ensure FNG meets or exceeds customer and build requirements.
Including pro-active, timely and aggressive action toward achieving desired results.
· Make recommendations as necessary to continuously improve shipping, receiving and inventory functions.
· Create and maintain appropriate records of all the above areas, as needed or requested.
· Maintain records of schedules for trucking.
· Maintain confidentially and professionalism with all information exposed to in the scope of this position.
· Ability to perform all activities of workers supervised.
· Miscellaneous duties and projects, as required or requested.
· Follow and support company IATF16949 and ISO 14001 policies, procedures and instructions and prepare work instructions regarding systems and procedures.
· Have the ability and knowledge to stop the process in the event of nonconformity.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work history
- 3-5 years automotive material management experience in a TS/ISO facility
- Production scheduling background
- Customer scheduling and releases experience
- Experience with SMART release system
- Full knowledge of EDI customer data
- Computerized materials management software experience
- Strong PC Skills
- Strong Communication Verbal and Written Skills
- Time Management
- Development and Continual Learning
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Decision making and Judgement
- Ethics and Integrity
- Planning and Organizing
- Mathematical Reasoning
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.