- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Advanced Product Development, LLC (MTC)
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Cost Estimator analyzes product specifications and then applies specialized knowledge of methodologies, techniques, principles and processes to determine labor, material and other direct and indirect costs involved in producing plastic products.
- Complete assigned quotation by Estimating Manager
- Interacts with manufacturing, sales, internal engineering and tooling vendors to formulate estimates and resolve issues
- If not supplied by customer, determines raw material specification
- Identifies equipment, labor , raw material purchased components, packaging and other requirements needed to produce the product
- Compete injection Mold RFQs
- Determine manufacturing processed required to produce product and properly estimate order of operations
- Secures vendor pricing and/or applies standard cost factors to determine price of manufacture
- Applies profit mark up and recommend the final selling price to management for customer quote
- Provides recommendation of tooling and process for review with Estimating manager
- Assist in completing customer quotation forms as necessary
- Confer with engineers, design and manufacturing on changes and adjustments to cost estimates
- Prepare estimates used by management for planning, organizing and scheduling work
- Maintain data in information system or database
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in related Engineering field
- Experience in Estimating Piece Price and Tooling for Automotive helpful
- Plastic Injection Molded part experience preferred
- Strong math & computer skills
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written, speaking and listening)
- Ability to read blueprints and designs
- Ability to use CAD software
- Strong Microsoft Excel experience
- Solid judgement and decision making skills
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work effectively independent or as a member of a team.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail
- Must be able to work well under deadlines and manage multiple priorities
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 8845