Cost Estimator - Metals Division
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Advanced Product Development LLC (MTC)
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 13th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
This individual will be responsible for the quotation system throughout the North American operations. He/she will be responsible for all aspects within the quoting management for all OEM’s and developing new business. Strategically reduces cost by implementing lean manufacturing techniques.
- Attends internal and external company meetings as required to ensure that Advanced Product Engineering specifications are in compliance with Program Team requirements;
- Provides technical expertise with respect to engineering procedures and practices in order to standardize the company’s efforts;
- Provides technical advice to Program Managers with respect to issues concerning advanced product engineering, manufacturing, production stamping, die processes, assembly processes and customer cost evaluations;
- Conducts quote evaluations with a view towards ensuring accuracy;
- Attends all quote review and process review meetings attendant with the corporation’s new parts and E/C activities; and
- Continues to strive to improve productivity and efficiency.
- Ten years related experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ten years tooling troubleshooting, tool build and tool followup
- Strong knowledge of Excel, powerpoint and word
- Ability to read part drawings/3D data
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 2741