Corporate Tooling Engineer
- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
A tooling/engineering professional that is a member of the FlexNGate Program Development team responsible for the development of Plastic Injection Molds that meet and exceed FlexNGate Standards while ensuring a successful program launch.
This person will be part of the team that helps lead and support our lighting business, so previous tooling engineer experience with lighting background (lamps, rear and front exterior lighting) in an automotive environment is strongly desired.
- Exterior lighting tooling experience required
- Review part designs to ensure they are moldable
- Review of Mold designs to ensure they meet Flex-N-Gate Manufacturing and Mold Build Standards.
- Molds are delivered to FNG Manufacturing plants on time
- Work with program management as required
- Customer interface as required
- Timely completion of program documentation as required
- Review of engineering change cost
- Coordinate and direct tool makers/Suppliers during tool build events
- A minimum of five or more years in automotive plastic injection mold build and design experience
- A bachelor's degree is an applicable field is favorable
- Lighting background coveted
- Solid computer skills with drafting spreadsheets, correspondence, MS Project, and Engineering Specific Applications such as parts review, mold design, mold analysis.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- The ability and willingness to travel as part of job duties-in Canada/North America.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.