Corporate Stamping Engineer
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Advanced Product Development, LLC (MTC)
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Responsible for evaluating existing processes and configuring manufacturing systems to reduce cost, improve sustainability, and develop best practices within the production process.
- RFQ/RFP development for stamping machine/automation refurbishment or repair.
- RFQ/RFP development new stamping presses and related automation.
- Manage multiple projects from concept to finish including, request for quote, project budget, capital approval and project timeline.
- Manage outside engineering services including civil, mechanical and electrical.
- Engage plant staff for proper project execution.
- Provide launch support and production support as needed.
- Evaluate and improve on processes in manufacturing systems.
- Maintain reliable and safe manufacturing systems while improving production rates, efficiencies, yields, costs and changeovers.
- Develop innovative solutions.
- Improve process capability and production volume while maintaining and improving quality standards.
- Develop and implement systems that optimize all phases of production process.
- Work with equipment designers and manufacturing officers to develop a cost-effective and working production process.
- Ensure projects are completed on time.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Maintains product and process data base by writing computer programs; entering data.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- 3-5 Years of working experience in the metal stamping environment.
- Working knowledge of stamping presses including hydraulic and lubrication systems.
- Working knowledge stamping automation including coil feed lines, blank destackers, 3-axis servo transfers.
- Working knowledge press to press robot automation.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in multiple locations
- Basic knowledge of metal stamping dies.
- Working knowledge of Autocad.
- Knowledge of general machine safety, electrical safety and machine guarding components; high level of safety awareness (RIA and OSHA}.
- Basic understanding of electrical control systems and PLC programming
- Ability to read, interpret, and explain complex documents including but not limited to work instructions, machine drawings and machine manuals.
- Basic knowledge of building and machine foundation design and construction.
- Experience with MS Office and MS Project.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.