Corporate MRO Buyer
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Sterling Heights
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 13th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Position will conduct analysis of Flex-N-Gate’s spending and sourcing opportunities. Responsible vendor contract negotiation for commodities at corporate level to service individual plants, purchasing commodities as assigned. This role can sit in Sterling Heights, Michigan or Sandusky, Ohio location.
- Plans, directs and controls the purchasing of commodities for maintenance, repair and operating-related items as assigned by the Corporate MRO Manager.
- Develops and conducts short and long range planning for cost reduction, buying and
- Assists the Manager in the organization, motivation and development of the plant MRO buyers for the continuity in purchasing.
- Has primary responsibility for planning and executing all contract negotiations as related to the assigned commodity buying responsibility.
- Serves as a vital interface to MRO buyers in matters of purchasing policy and function and assists the Manager in an advisory role.
- Monitors all pertinent market conditions constantly.
- Plans and carries out activities within the jurisdiction of the position to ensure appropriate profitability for Flex-N-Gate as related to cost savings targets and budgeting purposes.
- Keeps informed on cost of goods, pricing trends, inventories, MRO supplier competition and other matters; knowledge that will result in minimizing cost of purchased items.
- Compiles monthly open project reports, commodity strategy sheets, cost savings summaries and other related purchasing information.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate, productive and professional associations with supply base.
- Monitors and manages MRO supplier payment term negotiations and optimization as defined by the assigned commodity responsibility.
- Consults representatives of other departments on matters relative to buying and developing specifications for MRO-related items.
- Reviews all supplier addition requests and requisitions as received for accuracy, completeness and urgency and screens any large or unusual requisitions that should be covered by special handling.
PRINCIPAL WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Reports to the Corporate MRO Manager.
- Consults and apprises the various departments of any developments in supply availability or of innovations that might affect short - or long-range marketing or production plans.
- Works closely with the plant MRO buyers, maintenance and materials departments as related to material standardization and cost-reduction programs.
- Cooperates with other departments as necessary to minimize any losses owing to obsolescence or excess inventories.
- Preferably a college graduate.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in MRO purchasing or a related field.
- Ability to deal effectively and intelligently with suppliers as well as individuals on all levels in the various departments within the company.
- Above average analytical ability.
- Necessary business knowledge and judgment to achieve objectives of the position.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to travel to Plants 10-15% day travel; Overnight as well
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 4426