Corporate Information Technology Administrator
- # of Openings
- Information Technology
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Information Technology Administrator’s role is to ensure proper computer operations so that end users can accomplish organizational tasks. This includes receiving, prioritising, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of approved diagnostics and help tools, as well as require that the individual give hands-on help at the desktop level.
- Perform hosting/server and network maintenance for the Corporate IT group.
- Assist in project rollouts, necessary testing, communication with other divisions
- Produce documentation and training materials as required
- Arrange for quoting of materials/licensing, produce requisitions, consult with vendors
- Produce compelling presentation materials for proposals and POCs
- Monitor and follow-up on all outstanding issues to ensure proper and efficient resolution or to update the team as to the current status.
- Maintain office areas, arrange and supervise secure sanitation services, arrange for procurement of all required office materials
- Notify appropriate management of priority problems and subsequent resolution.
- Utilize all tools necessary to monitor servers and perform other daily duties.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Perform related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
- Available for support calls 24/7.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2-4 years’ work experience in related field
- Certifications from accredited schools in computer systems
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware and applications software.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Self Motivated
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Proficiency with applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated good internal customer service skills
- Proven good presentation skills.
- Good presentation and office software skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Detail oriented
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.