- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Sterling Heights, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Buyer coordinates activities involved with procuring goods and services in an automotive environment. The role will involve the purchasing of Fasteners.
- Confer and negotiate with vendors to obtain product or service information, such as price, availability, delivery, etc.
- Prepare requests for quotation, analyze responses, and make sourcing recommendations to the Purchasing Director and Vice President-Purchasing.
- Write purchase orders and/or contracts for fasteners(nuts, bolts, screws, washers, studs)
- Review current and potential supplier manufacturing locations, to determine supply capabilities.
- Champion cost savings activities for selected commodities.
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies for key commodities.
- Maintain manual and/or computerized procurement records.
- Discuss defective goods or services with quality personnel, manufacturing and suppliers to identify the “root cause” of the problem, so that it can be rectified.
- Monitor supplier labor agreements to ensure material supply in the event of a labor stoppage.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in business is strongly preferred. However, a specific area of business emphasis, (e.g. marketing, finance, accounting, etc.) is not specified.
- Three to five years’ experience in the Automotive Industry strongly preferred.
- Must possess a high level of moral judgment for handling confidential information and monetary transactions.
- Strong diplomatic, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Knowledge of accounting systems, budgets, and internal controls.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Quoting and Purchasing Background in the Automotive Industry
- Putting a Source Package together
- Working with Directed and Indirect buying
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, and government agencies.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Strong computer skills with high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite
- Good interpersonal skills
- Mathematical aptitude.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge and understanding of raw materials and manufacturing processes.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.