- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Ventra Plastics Mississauga SPD currently has an opening for a Controls Technician on our afternoon shift.
A Controls Technician is responsible for the installation, calibration and maintenance of automated industrial machinery. A Controls Technician keeps things running smoothly as they check on and maintain machinery. Successful Controls Technicians are able to respond quickly to any problems that might arise.
• Test, troubleshoot, and oversee implementation of new processes
• Install retrofits to existing systems and troubleshoot hardware, software, and instrument problems
• Supports start-up activities
• Create and maintain automation processes
• Over-see testing procedures, writing reports and making sure that the instruments you develop comply with quality standards and safety regulations.
• Available for support calls 24/7
• Install, diagnose and fix programmable logic controllers and other devices that operate automated equipment.
• The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
• Completion of a 2-year degree or technical certificate program
• Knowledge and experience in fabrication is an asset
• Milling, welding the use of hand tools
• Superior analytical capabilities
• Problem-solving and decision-making
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to manage multiple projects
• Physical ability to lift 40lbs
• Manual dexterity
• Overtime as required
• Industrial workplace, where PPE is required.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.
Job Reference #: 6067