- # of Openings
- Ventra Grand Rapids 29, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
- Research, design and develop the manufacturing and installation of electrical equipment, components and systems.
- Install, diagnose and fix programmable logic controllers and other devices that operate automated equipment.
- Monitoring controlled systems on automated equipment.
- Ability to learn from experienced staff in the Control Engineering Department.
- Support vision detection and color recognition systems throughout the facility, supporting production by maintaining the systems at top operational capabilities (Cognex Vision Systems). Any additional responsibilities deemed necessary by management.
- Designs and details electrical elementary diagrams, wiring diagrams, layout control panels and systems for machine controls and automation production equipment. Responsible for the component selection, controls architecture design, software development, and system integration of all electrical components.
- Develop and implement control strategies including programming of PLC's (programmable logic controllers), operator interface design, system implementation, start-up and commissioning of systems
- Programming Allen Bradley control systems hardware and software a must. (Studio 5000, Rslogix 500/5000, Factorytalk View ME/SE)
- Design and programming PLC control networks, such as Ethernet/IP, ControlNet, DeviceNet, and DF1.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in related Engineering field with demonstrated and knowledge of automotive industrial control systems. 1-3 years’ experience working with controls in an automotive facility is a plus.
- Knowledge of NEC (National Electric Codes) and ANSI (American National Standards Institute).
- Automation experience is required
- Work experience with CAD Key and PLC programming
- Proven experience with Robotic troubleshooting and programming.
- Work experience with pneumatic/ hydraulic controls, sensors and electrical hardware, and control wiring circuitry.
- Experienced in circuit design and simulation
- Understanding of electronic theories and principles
- Able to communicate ideas and recommendations to non-technical team members in a clear manner
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- Able to apply right mathematical methods and formulas to problem solving
- Able to create alternative solutions to problems
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning
- Strong personal and communication skills. Must work well with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to handle multiple projects.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 3556