Controls Technician - 2nd Shift
- # of Openings
- Ventra Ionia Main LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Automation Technician develops, edits, maintains, and troubleshoots automated actuators, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and motion controlled programs on manufacturing equipment and machinery.
- Be able to install/program/troubleshoot Industrial Electrical Equipment, PLC, AC/DC Variable Speed Drives, and Human Machine Interfaces.
- Have complete knowledge of all current and voltage characteristics such as single phase, 3 phase, 110v, 220v, 440, 12.5kv and d.c. voltage.
- Program robot paths and operating parameters for new products and continuous improvement of existing programs.
- Programs inputs/outputs of robots
- Integrate robotics with peripherals, such as welders, controllers, or other equipment.
- Initiate robot application enhancements with regard to part quality and safety.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and debug robotics programs.
- Maintain support and programming of robots
- Support Electrical controls engineers in development and documentation of electrical elementary diagrams and wiring diagrams for existing and new control systems.
- Be able to work with various PC programs and operating systems.
- Document field changes to electrical schematic and wiring diagrams.
- Trouble Shoots software and hardware issues
- Load software packages
- Project documentation
- Installation and support of Vision Systems
- Support system upgrades
- Read, interprets and apply lesson learned from electrical schematic drawings, professional journals, equipment manuals and government regulations
- Installation and support of Vision Systems.
- Support maintenance personnel in "real time" trouble shooting techniques. This includes basic electrical, mechanical and pneumatic functions of the robot and connections.
- Develop, organize and improve spare parts inventories.
- Provide technical support for the production floor on a daily basis to meet production efficiency goals.
- Initiate and participate in continuous improvement, including cycle time reductions, and root cause analysis.
- Investigate mechanical failures or unexpected maintenance problems.
- Install, calibrate, operate, or maintain robots.
- Community College Diploma in Electronics Technology;
- One to Three years experience in machine controls and PLC programming
- Automation experience is required
- Work experience with CADKey and PLC programming
- Proven experience with Robotic troubleshooting and programming.
- Work experience with pneumatic/ hydraulic controls, sensors and electrical hardware, and control wiring circuitry.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- Able to apply right mathematical methods and formulas to problem solving
- Able to create alternative solutions to problems
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning
- Competency with Allen Bradley PLC programming hardware and software.
- Competency with Allen Bradley Operator Interface hardware and software (primarily Panel View series)
- Familiar with Fanuc, Nachi, Motoman, and ABB Robots.
- Ability to specify, assist with installation, debug and start-up of electrical control and power system equipment.
- PLC programming skills necessary to make a machine function properly and safely. Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and Project.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Strong analytical, decision making and problem solving skills.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 4397