- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Battle Creek LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Controls Engineer provides technical support and programming for manufacturing system designs and modifications.
- Supports equipment programming for manufacturing
- Programs inputs/ outputs of robots
- Maintain support and programming of robots
- Trouble shoots software and hardware issues
- Load software packages
- Project documentation
- Develop and install of vision systems
- Develop system upgrades
- Program documentation
- Read, interprets, and apply lessons learned from electrical schematic drawings, professional journals, equipment manuals and government regulations
- Demonstrated success and knowledge of automotive assembly
- Ability to program input/ outputs associated with interfacing robots with equipment
- Ability to program robots
- Knowledge of software and hardware
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret electrical schematic drawings
- Strong computer skills
- 3-5 years' experience working with controls in an automotive facility
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in related Engineering field
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work effectively independent or as a member of a team
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong analytical ability
- Ability to manage multiple projects
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 3956