- # of Openings
- Ventra Grand Rapids 29, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Controls Engineer will provide technical leadership, support and programming for manufacturing system designs and modifications. Lead teams and manage projects for all aspects of electrical systems throughout the facility including integration and validation for industrial controls systems.
- Lead control strategies including programming of PLC's (programmable logic controllers), operator interface design, system implementation, start-up and commissioning of systems
- Create; oversee and support the component selection, controls architecture design, software development, and system integration of all electrical components.
- Supports Equipment Programming for Manufacturing, Trouble Shoots software and hardware issues, supports programming of robots
- Create; oversee and support the designs and details of electrical systems, wiring diagrams, layout control panels and systems for machine controls and automation production equipment.
- Drive the development of new controls solutions that support continuous improvement of the operation.
- Read, interprets and apply lesson learned from electrical schematic drawings, professional journals, equipment manuals and government regulations
- Interpret control requirements from customer specifications, develop technical requirements for controls. Identify skill requirements, technology development opportunities and new product offerings from suppliers. Focus on opportunities and make recommendations for future technical direction.
- Perform other assignments, as requested by Plant Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in related Engineering field
- Demonstrated success and knowledge of designing and developing electrical control systems for industrial machines, robotic work cells and assembly lines.
- Strong technical domain expertise in Electrical Control Engineering principles, concepts, and methods, and electrical standards compliance in order to manage and guide team through technical issues of design integrity, manufacturability, and quality issues mitigation.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills with the ability to motivate employees and maintain a positive, team-building environment.
- Encourage a positive work environment to foster outstanding performance. Possess and share a vision of success and work with individuals to help them reach their full potential.
- Conform to all aspects of the company’s goals, values, and standards of ethical conduct.
- Demonstrate integrity, trustworthiness under all circumstances. Treat others honestly and fairly.
- Work as a team leader to formulate plans for electrical control system or process development, in response to customer feedback, competitive directions, and technology trends. Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Must have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Must have a proven proficiency with Electrical Controls principles and programming software.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of design and safety regulations and standards.
- Ability to read and understand complex electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical design documents.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 4928