- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Plastics Corporation (Danville), LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Plant Controller functions as trusted partner with plant and financial management to manage and control the financial operations of the local manufacturing plant. This includes the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of accounting records, internal controls, and budgeting designed to mitigate risk and enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial reports.
- Prepare and/or oversee the preparation of plant accounting ledgers, departmental reports, P&L statements, monthly forecasts and annual operating plan.
- Oversee the accurate and timely processing of plant payrolls, payables, receivables, purchase orders, cash control and total corporate payroll tax regulatory compliance.
- Establish and maintain internal systems and controls to ensure assets are adequately safeguarded.
- Ensure accuracy and reporting of physical plant inventory system including accurate cost accounting of inventory items.
- Ensure bill of material and costing accurately reflect plant operations.
- Review and analyze labor reporting and cost, material costs, manufacturing overhead and inventory levels.
- Provide financial analysis tools to evaluate company ventures or special projects, programs, capital expenditures and product costing.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulatory bodies, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Attend daily plant production meetings.
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
- Respond to CFO and Group Controller as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate his financial needs.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or Community College diploma in related field required.
- Minimum of 3 years combined cost or general accounting and finance experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Accounting designation (CPA or CMA) is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of accounting principals including cost accounting; inventory control, cycle counts, BOM Routes, fixed assets, payables, payroll, financial reporting, and general accounting.
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Highly motivated with ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Supervisory and interpersonal skills are required.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Proven presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Travel as necessary.
- Physical ability to lift 25lbs.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 4946