Continuous Improvement Coordinator
- # of Openings
- Ventra Ionia Main LLC
Scope of the Position
A certified Critical X Black Bel manages process improvement projects. They will use the Critical X/ Six Sigma tools and techniques, assigns project team tasks and uses the Critical X Pathway or DMAIC to complete process improvement projects. By defining the problem, measuring the current process by using the plant data to develop meaningful Pareto Analysis, analyzing the relevant data, optimizing the process and controlling the process output. The Black Belt will guide and coach the Green Belt teams to reduce defects and minimize process and product variation. The BB is a project manager that utilizes these skills to lead the Green Belt projects to successful completion.
- Develops Pareto Analysis from plant metrics data that can be used to develop projects from known problems..
- Collaborates with the Plant managers and Directors of Manufacturing in developing projects.
- Assists the Plant Manager in assigning correct personnel to the correct project team.
- Coaches and Mentors the teams in the Critical X Tool box and drives projects to completion.
Ensures that the projects are on task and timing. Reduces project roadblocks by working closely with the Plant Manager and Directors of Manufacturing.
- Ensures that the project is written and logged into the PLM system for Lessons Learned.
- Certified Black Belt in Critical X
- Has demonstrated a high level of professionalism
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Proficiency in Computer skills especially excel and powerpoint
- Has demonstrated a proficiency in data analysis and project management(required to gain a Black Belt)
- Has demonstrated an ability to coach and mentor (required to gain a Black Belt)
- Four (4) year bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required.
- Black Belt Certification in Critical X and Six Sigma
- Well-developed organizational skills with the ability to manage a variety of tasks.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office programs including: Word, Excel, Project, Outlook and PowerPoint; and, the ability to learn other applications quickly..
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a strong team
- Strong statistical methods knowledge and analytical ability.
- Knowledge of metal stamping, chrome plating, plastic injection, welding and assembly is an asset.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Troubleshooting ability is required.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Physical ability to lift 25lbs.
- Travel as necessary.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required. Ability to attend and conduct presentations
- Must be able to work extended hours, weekends as needed, especially when problems occur or when deadlines must be met.
Job Reference #: 3274